In 2022 Qatar will host 2022 FIFA World Cup™. The main task of the project was to make pleasant and unforgettable acquaintance of fans with the country during The World Cup in Russia. The organizer of interactive objects for Muscovites and guests of the capital was the Ceremonies Staging Agency. Complex information support of the project was performed by Polylog Consulting Group.
Bloggers and journalists
For the first time The World Cup will be held in Qatar, for the first time — in the middle East, for the first time — in winter. We were convinced of the absolute validity of the decision in May when we have been conducting a blog tour and a press tour to the capital of Qatar, Doha. The program of the tours included: visiting The World Cup stadiums, cultural and infrastructure facilities. It was so hot that most of the streets were deserted before sunset. After the snowy Moscow spring, it was literally a test for us.
The blog tour have been conducted from 10 to 13 May along with pranker Vitaly Zdorovetchi, extreme-rufer Rascalov Vitaly and Sergey Alexeev, the author of the blog “Real football”.
The press tour have been held from 11 to 14 May. 19 journalists from 17 publishing houses arrived in Qatar: Match TV, Russia Today, Championat.com, Sports.ru, TASS, RIA Novosti, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Interfax and others.
Back to Moscow
Working on the project, it was important for us not only to talk about where and how the next championship will be held, but also to overcome the stereotype of Qatar as a closed state. We have been striving to bring the message that Qatar is safe, modern and progressive country with a huge tourism and investment potential.
The Ceremonies Staging Agency developed offline activities to show Qatar for Muscovites and guests of the capital, thanks to which everyone felt themselves as a part of the upcoming grand event. The CSA have created:
Placed in iconic locations in Moscow, St Petersburg and Doha, the interactive portals connected fans from around the world and gave them a preview of the plans for 2022. The Portals destroyed the language barrier between fans from the whole world.
Qatar @roadto2022 Exhibition
The collection of rare FIFA World Cup™ memorabilia at GUM in Red Square, which also included models of the stadiums being constructed for The 2022 Tournament. At the end of the journey through the past, present and future of The World Cup, visitors recorded their messages to qatari people, thereby playing a role in the history of football.
Located in Moscow’s Gorky Park, Majlis Qatar introduced Qatar and the 2022 FIFA World Cup™. Fans became immersed in qatari culture while enjoying live matches and learning more about the opportunities available in Qatar. Also there have been sculptures in the form of Arab Oryx — the national animal of Qatar. The sculptures were created specifically for the exhibition by famous artists of Russia and Qatar.
At the beginning of 2019, 48 metro stations will be opened in Doha and an updated system of public and water transport will be launched. They will connect five stadiums of The World Championship. But for us the Arabic tale has come to an end and it is time to take stock.
From 6 to 15 July more than 750 000 people visited “Qatar @roadto2022 Exhibition” at GUM. There were 11 TV stories, 4 printed materials, 273 publications in online editions.
- The opening ceremony of Majlis Qatar was attended by 2 686 people, including about 130 representatives of the Russian and foreign media, including all major news agencies: TASS, RIA Novosti, Interfax; as well as the Russian TV-channels: Channel One, Russia, Russia 1, Match TV, NTV, Culture, Channel 5, Moscow 24, RBC and others.
- In total, from 7 to 15 July, Majlis Qatar was visited by 48 268 people.
- During the same period of time, the Museum “Qatar Elements” was visited by 13 101 people.
- More than 2.5 million people interacted with The Portals in three cities.
- In social media there were more than 3 116 mentions of Majlis Qatar, 431 — of The Portals, 97 messages about “Qatar @roadto2022 Exhibition”.
- In total by July 17, there were 12 television news, 4 printed articles and 218 online publications about Qatari activities in Russia. In addition, 3116, 431 and 97 messages about Majlis Qatar, The Portals and “Qatar @roadto2022” Exhibition respectively appeared in social media.
- The opening ceremonies of the objects were attended by celebrities and bloggers: Victoria Lopyreva, Vladimir stognienko, George Cherdantsev, Vasily Utkin, Ilya Varlamov, Dmitry Egorov, Andrey Bartenev.
- We carried out advertising campaign in Moscow (Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo, Vnukovo) and St. Petersburg (Pulkovo) airports. Videos, telling about The Championship, have been broadcasting in the main halls, waiting rooms and baggage claim areas.
- In the most popular places, from June 15 to July 15, were held an outdoor advertising campaign:
- 9 Moscow buses have been branded with the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ identity;
- Multimedia advertising have been broadcasted at 18 points of the capital’s metro stations;
- Digital billboards have been located in 21 points of Moscow.
- Advertising have been placed in the most popular Internet websites and media: RBC, Afisha, Kommersant, Forbes, Vedomosti, Championat.com, Sports.ru, MATCH!, AdFox.
- A survey among visitors showed:
- 99% of respondents are satisfied with the quality of the offline activations;
- 92% are satisfied with the location of Majlis Qatar;
- 95% told that they received high quality information;
- 99% will recommend to friends and acquaintances visiting Majlis Qatar.
- The events were highly appreciated by the Federal and city authorities, as well as by the media.