The International Law Conference “Health, Safety and Security in Travel Industry” was held in St. Petersburg on October 31, 2011. The conference was organized by the Federal Agency for Tourism under the auspices of the Ministry of Sport, Tourism and Youth Policy of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), the Association of Tour Operators of Russia and All-Russian Insurance Association. General contractor of the conference was “Polylog” Consulting Group.
There were 135 participants of the conference including best Russian and foreign experts, heads of federal executive bodies, heads of national tourism administration offices and international organizations as well as representatives of the tourism industry, the insurance community, non-governmental organizations, educational and scientific institutions.
The most important issues about state policy of the Russian Federation in travel industry, current experience in providing health, safety and security of tourist destinations and measures to protect rights and legitimate interests of overseas tourists were discussed in breakout sessions.
The managers of “Polylog” CG performed the duties of the Organizing Directorate. It means:
- Plan development of preparatory activities and conference schedule
- Design and preparation of informational materials for the event
- Layout design of exhibition booths and organization of Rostourism’s Information Expo
- Rental of conference space, provision of a well-equipped Hall with a seating capacity of 150 people and all facilities provided
- Translation of all conference materials into English, organization of simultaneous translation by professional linguists-interpreters with knowledge of terms and definitions on the subject.
- Design and development of all reception areas, press-walls, roll-ups and other elements in the corporate style, prepared especially for the event.
- Providing professional photo- and video recording. Follow the link to watch the presentation video.
- Involvement of official representatives from international organizations including well-known experts in travel industry to participate in the conference
- Interaction with the Mass Media, initiation of publications in leading specialized editions. There were more than 20 journalists.
- Organization of catering for conference participants
- Transport services and logistics, visa support, ticket reservation and accommodation for foreign participants
- Direct mail in English and Russian languages, organization of outgoing calls with the purpose to get confirmation of attendance. Making a list of participants and personal badges for them
- Organization of St. Petersburg free sightseeing guided tour for the conference participants
- Placement of billboards containing the conference outdoor advertising
All guests and participants of the conference pointed out that the issues discussed at the conference were of top priority and topical. The conference met high standards of preparation and organization. Summarizing the discussion of all issues included in the event program, it was decided to adopt a draft resolution which contained recommendations of the World Tourism Organization for the authorities of the Russian Federation, state government bodies of constituent entities of the Russian Federation, professional legal and tourist community, educational and scientific organizations of travel industry.